Monday, February 25, 2013

Food, Exercise, and Taking Care of Yourself

Weight and health issues are a big concern for a lot of people. Our relationship with food can be so complex. I think we all have a good idea of what and how we should be eating, but putting that into practical application is a different story. The same goes for exercise. 

Our eating habits and activity levels boil down to our willingness to take care of ourselves.  And I say willingness, because we have the ability to take care of ourselves, we just don't always carry it out.

As I thought about this topic, I realized I don't need to pull a card. The messages to take care of ourselves are all around us. I read a page from Doreen Virtue's Daily Guidance from Your Angels this morning, and the message is to surrender your cares. Then I logged on Facebook and saw "It is crucial to be diligent about taking care of ourselves, especially during stressful periods." (...In All Our Affairs

Sometimes we eat for emotional reasons, and if we ask the Angels, the Ascended Masters, Father/Mother God, or a Higher Power (whoever you pray to) to take those concerns from us, the motive behind the eating binge disappears. When we don't have enough time or energy to exercise, we can ask the Divine Realm to make a way for exercise to be easier for us. 

Taking care of ourselves IS crucial. When we are able to put down the worries of the world we're able to feel centered and peaceful, and that makes taking care of ourselves so much easier.

"I'm not smiling because I'm stronger than my problems. I'm smiling because God is stronger than my problems." Mhar


In love and light,
Krystal Kay White

2 comments:

  1. Excellent advice, Kay. I forget sometimes that I can ask for help. Really need help when it comes to motivation for exercise. Know it is good for me, know I feel good afterwards (better than sitting around eating chocolate even) yet I sit around and eat chocolate. The mind is such a trap, it talks me out of doing the good things and then beats me up for not doing them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we have the ability to take care of ourselves, we just don't always carry it out."
    So true! I seem to start each day with the best of intentions to eat healthy, but as the hours pass I trip up and it's all downhill from there. I appreciate your encouragement! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete